Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend

On Saturday I woke up early to ride over to Spokes to do Computrainer class.  It was pretty good, nothing special, but I got to teach the 10am class so that was awesome ($$$).  My legs are feeling pretty vicious lately...I'm going to leave that ambiguous as to whether I want that to mean good or bad, yours to decide.  they said it was going to rain a lot Saturday but after the classes it was really warm and sunny so I got out for a couple hours outside.  When I got home I was really hungry so I ate a lot of food, probably entirely too much, but it was awesome.

Then Sunday wasn't quite as good.  It was cold and soooo windy.  The kendalls came over in the morning and we rode over to join the espresso ride, in Georgetown.  I don't know why so many people were there when it was so nasty out but it was awesome because like 80 people were there.  It was pretty fun, I went hard a couple times, but split off after the One lane bridge at Glen to go do a little more.  The Kendalls just finished the ride and I headed out for an extra 2 hours.  It was very dissappointing because there was a vicious headwind all the way out to Poolesville and the tail wind back was not that fresh, but whatever.  WHen I got back to the house the kendalls were just laying on my front yard...rofl.  Bradley locked his keys in the car.  It was pretty hilarious, they had to call a guy to come get them out but it took him like two hours to get there.  When they guy came I politely asked if I could document the event for my blog and he didn't respond, I think he hates me. 
So basically I've just been training and it's going pretty well.  mostly base but doing some intensity on the computrainer.  I really like racing cross, and I've always wanted to be really good at cross.  But I've only race twice so far this year, I'm sort of into training right now.  I'm lending my bike to someone else anyway.  i think I might race the cx race at the end of the year in REston.  I race two earlier one in MD and one PA.

6 comments:

JAA said...

Nate...great riding w/ you albeit I wasn't feeling that great...winds got to me and that effort up Glen sort of tapped me for some reason...but following you at 200w was ideal...I should have done that up Glen. Keep the training on....it will pay off.

Nate Wilson said...

thanks jeff it was definitely fun, minus the wind

but just to clear something for those at home that might be reading these comments, i think jeff had a little typo, when he wrote 200w i think he more accurately meant 400w, it's fine we all make mistakes

idiot cyvant said...

Nate Dogg,
Race at Tacchino Ciclocross this Sunday. Do it.

JAA said...

Ahhh Nate....I was chatting w/ your coach a fair bit and I'm sorry to say it was 200 watts....yes..200w. I challenge everyone to ride that into massive headwinds, up and down hills and keep it steady....Nate ruled the 200w.

Nate Wilson said...

you idiot, i totally want to but im lending someone my bike. i think I might ride out there and watch though, what time is your race?

idiot cyvant said...

9am baby. Its my first cx race so I'm starting at square one...